Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
Hi!! I'm Adél and I'm a white cis woman, and a queer fat femme. I try to be very mindful of my privileges but if I do post/reblog something problematic here, please don't hesitate to call me out! My tags are a mess, but if you specifically request that I tag something that I don't yet, I promise to keep that in mind!
If you know me IRL please respect that this is a safe space for me and I don't want you to intrude on it.
When you discuss the wage gap, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Only white women make $0.77 to a man’s dollar.
- Black women make about $0.68 to a man’s dollar.
- Latina women make about $0.58 to a man’s dollar.
Let’s not forget that 77 cents is based off white men.
MoC also make less than white men.
*Black and Latino men make less money than white men AND white women.
top six ways to insult boys
- purposefully forget their names
- any time yr talking about anything outside the realm of COD, energy drinks, or football, pause and giggle and say “oh, but sorry - you wouldn’t know anything about this, right? we can change the subject”
- extension on #1: call him by the name of another boy w the same hair color as him. when he protests, laugh and act like he’s trying to trick u
- "hold this." stop acknowledging him for the remainder of the encounter until it is time to collect you bag/purse/coat/etc
- "sorry, what? i wasn’t listening" rinse and repeat
- tilt yr head. make a cute face. “awwwwww”
the boy tears in the notes are amazing
happy pride day! bless the trans women of color who fought for us at stonewall 45 years ago. thinking of them and thanking them always xx
the girl who sold me my smokes was so darn cute and asked me about my day and when i told her i had an interview for a masters she was all cute impressed and told me she’s sure it’ll go fine omg i melted
steam isnt about PLAYING games, its about building your hoard of games larger and larger, like a dragon hoarding gold
i’m going to break this down nice and easy for folks who still cannot grasp how appropriation of AAVE goes:
AAVE stands for African American Vernacular English - a GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT dialect specific to the African American community. If you’d like to read up on it more extensively, I’ve provided some links here.
Here’s the controversy behind it:
- Non-black folks who use AAVE normally use it to “spice” up their rhetoric, because it’s seen as cool and “in.”
- At the same time, non-black folks look down at African Americans for using AAVE, usually connoting the notion that they are uneducated.
- These very stereotypes play into systemic violence and stereotypes, and merely using African Americans for your consumption rather than giving them the respect of a community.
- Every time a non-black uses the word “sassy” it promotes a caricature of Blackness, most specifically, black women.
- Of which are also stigmatized for being aggressive, hypersexualized (while simultaneously desexualized), and “ghetto”
Do you see the problem?
Moving on to attire, which is something that’s still hard for non-black folks to grasp:
- Whenever you wear something that you deem “ghetto,” it is seen as chic, cute, “in”, and alternative.
- But anytime an African American should wear what is deemed ghetto, they’re fulfilling their stereotype.
- Grillz for example. Honkey Ms. Cracka Miley Cyrus is being ridiculed by many for taking on her new “I’m black now and I was Lil’ Kim in a past life” trope. I need ya’ll to recognize that the moment you start using African Americans as objects, as anything other than human, you are participating in their dehumanization.
- Whenever you z-snap and say “ooooooh guuurrrrrl” you’re still participating in a caricature of African Americans and it’s actually really racist.
So, this isn’t just a call out to white folks, this isn’t just a call out to white queers who like to use the word “sassy” like it’s nobody’s business, this isn’t only to white cis gay men who use the word “realness” without realizing its cultural implications — this is to all POC who still cannot give the African American community the respect and dignity they deserve. Stop using them for your consumption. Stop thinking that taking bits and pieces from black culture is supposed to make you more unique.
get with the fucking program.
Page 1 of 124